Saturday, August 29, 2009

I will always love my retainers

The past week has been a living nightmare. A zillion forms to fill in and bad luck all the way. Or maybe it was because of my mere ignorance. Really! It was one of the lowest moments in the history of Corrinne.

Firstly, it was the hassle of applying for a visa. I did not read through the payment methods very carefully. I thought i could pay the fee in cash. Turned out i had to use a banker's draft. Luckily i found this out a day before my appointment from my friend. Although the banks were all closed by then, i still had time to get it done the next morning.

The most unfortunate thing happened to me right after. Something that had never crossed my mind. So 'suay'! I lost my retainers! I lost Rainey my retainers! I lost my retainers of eight months! She was still a baby. This is so depressing. Rainey was a personal item. And i am really missing her. Poor Rainey! She is now spending the rest of her days in the Sushi King rubbish bin in Mid Valley. *I'm really sorry Rainey. R.I.P. Thanks a lot waiter-who-threw-my-retainers-away!* I have to spend another RM300 on a new one.

Today, i attended 'University of Manchester Pre-departure briefing' at the KL Convention Centre. Instead, i went to Mandarin Oriental Hotel, thinking that the briefing was being held there. I had a delightfully long lecture on responsibility from my parents after that.

I have turned over a new leaf! Corrinne is as responsible as ever now. In fact, i just emailed my friends a form to apply for an International Student Card instead of the usual (them emailing me forms).

However, i still miss Rainey dearly. *Sigh*
This has been a really wonderful lesson.


6 comments:

ZS said...

dun so blur la..worry for u...

g_yean_i said...

erm, you are blur sometimes... but don't worry, geng wai mama and chiew yee jie jie will always be there for you.. just be more alert next time... jia you! hehe..

Corrinne The Great said...

chiew yee mui mui! haha. i'm the jiejie..

hmm..blur? i've turned over a new leaf. nw i'm vr alert. hehe.. don't worry!! ;D

Delorfilinde said...

aww... don't worry so much k. relax =)

Pinkie123 said...

lol..i think u're more to Happy-go-lucky type..sometimes a bit over! keep yr cheerful attitude meanwhile..yeah, make yrself more alert! haha~

Anonymous said...

aww...i was really depressed when i lost mine too! in fact i was so scared of getting scold by my parents and disappointing them that i senyap senyap go make one myself with my own money..Rm300 was such a big sum but i guess i ve learned from the experience too...^^