Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Power of Music

Is it just me or has the sudden change in weather induced drowsiness? Mind you, it's already spring. Nice, sunny spring :) It's been a long time since I last took a nap but for the past couple of days, I've been falling asleep while SITTING UPRIGHT in my CHAIR =.=

Something then hit me. I remember reading an article in Reader's Digest about a girl who was suffering from a sleep disorder. She just kept sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. I don't remember what the name of the disorder was but there was no cure. I don't want to die from excessive sleep. T______________T

Something hit me the second time. I realised that I had been listening to soothing, relaxing and calming music for the past week. Well, it was supposed to enhance concentration, something I lack, right? I have got to the bottom of the Sleeping Corrinne Mystery. See. Told you I'm a detective (read:Sherlock Holmes). Just to prove my new theory, I went and searched it online. And then... I stumbled on this page with the title 'The Use of Music to Promote Sleep in Older Women'. I am NOT older women. T_________________T

Another worrying fact is, plants that were exposed to loud, rock music withered and died whereas plants which were exposed to soft, classical music grew faster. (You can read the article here) ZOMG, I'm not hitting the clubs anymore. T_______________T

P.S. I've been to the club only ONCE in my entire twenty years of life.

2 comments:

Delorfilinde said...

if the part about rock music is true.. i'll die early O_O

Corrinne The Great said...

yes it's true. T_T
let's switch to classical music :)