Friday, May 11, 2012

The Last Day of Clinical Tutorials

Finally. I'm rid of (depressing) hospital visits for the semester. 


We had presentations and patient interviewing sessions as usual. My friend did a presentation on myocardial infarction (aka heart attack). His patient also suffers from respiratory tract infection which produces a greenish mucus. Whatever la it was something along those lines. I must say his presentation was by far the most 'interesting'. Cuz he included pictures like this:





# 1 Man with green mucus


Seriously. When I saw it I couldn't stop laughing. Eh please la you know you want to laugh so come laugh with me. It sent me into fits I looked like I was suffering an epileptic attack. But no one else in the room was laughing... except me wth. And the more I tried to suppress my laughter, the funnier the picture seemed. Ang mohs and I have totally different laughing threshold points (my friend is from Hong Kong by the way). 


I was fitting quite badly actually. I couldn't stop fidgeting in my chair trying to occupy my mind with something else... anything else for that matter. I zipped and unzipped my bag countless times. Placed my hands over my mouth in a vain attempt to smother the laughter which only made it even worse. The sounds came out wrong WTH. So I finally resorted to excessive drinking of water. Whenever I felt like laughing, I drank water. By the end of the tutorial my bladder felt like it was going to burst.


It's probably just me. Or my hormones. I seem to laugh uncontrollably at the silliest, lamest jokes recently like the other day when my lecturer suddenly laughed for no reason.  That sent me into a giggling episode that took 10 minutes before it died down. Period. 


No comments: