Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Went to Germany

So this Easter I went to Munich, Germany. I'm not gonna write about the history of Germany cuz you can get that off Wikipedia. (Read: Cuz I'm lazy). Go, go read to gain extra knowledge.

*gives readers a 5 minute break*...

I bet you're still on this page. Oh well, I'm more interesting than Wikipedia wth.

#1 Pretzels- What comes to mind when you think Germany

I never liked pretzels until I ate it in Germany T_T And they come in other flavours too. I had a cinnamon flavoured pretzel and it was so good I shed many tears while eating it. Too bad, being the glutton that I am, I gobbled the whole thing up before I could take a picture. Muahahaha.

#2 Direction post- A picture every tourist must take of #kiasu tourists

#3 More pastries and stuffed pretzels

And more food that I don't remember the names cuz I only cared about eating them. What la, I forgot to take a picture of the menu ok.

#4 Breaded pork in creamy peppercorn sauce and chips with a quarter of a tomato and a salad leaf

#5 Pork knuckle stabbed with a knife and potato dumpling

#6 Something beef and potatoes

Please note: The names of the food above may have simply been made up by the author.

#7 Alpsee

I genuinely thought it was called Alpsee cuz you can see the Alps from here. See Alps... Alpsee. Get it? #lame

The Alps is the snow covered mountain at the far back of the picture. Ok, go hunt for it now.

*gives readers another 5 minute break*

Now gather around, let me tell you the story of how I got up to Neuschwanstein Castle.

#8 At the railway

Info- How to get to Neuschwanstein Castle from Munich:
Take the train from Munich train station to Fussen. Travel time: 2 hours
And then take a bus from the train station to your destination.
(My blog can be informative too)

Off topic: Blue shirt guy's photography skills = FAIL

#9 At the foot of the hill

The buses don't drive you all the way up to the castle which is on top of the mountain. You can take a cab, a horse driven carriage or use bus number 11 (ie, walk) to get there. By the way, the number 11 represents your legs *meek attempt at joke*

#10 Schloss Hohenschwangau (another castle nearby)

#11 Neuschwanstein Castle

There's a history behind this castle but I spaced out 83.2% of the time during the tour so go google it if you really want to know. The only thing that really interested me was the fact that this castle inspired the design of the castle in Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I think this courtyard is the place where the three good fairies sprinkled fairy dusts on the guards and people to put them to sleep when Princess Aurora pricked her finger on a spindle in the movie. I watched the movie a gazillion and one times, I should know *lives in a fantasy world* Muahahaha.

Anyway, we decided to use bus number 11 so that we could take in the scenery as we went up. It was freaking tiring ok. I think I complained 90% of the hike instead of admiring the view and spent the remaining 10% camwhoring. In case you don't believe I walked the whole way up, I took some pictures as proof!



#14 The peak

By the time I reached the top I was so tired I fainted and collapsed. No la, please I'm stronger than you think.

It was tiring nevertheless so we decided to take the horse driven carriage when we went back.


But by the time our tour ended (and after we hung around longer to camwhore) the last carriage was fully booked and there were no cabs about. This is the picture I took as I watched the horses trot away without me.

I stood there with 2 drops of tears rolling down my cheeks T_T

Horse... Y?? Y U NO WAIT FOR ME??

So I rolled my way downhill. Cuz I bo lat walk all the way down. Surprisingly, it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.

No la, I walked down again. Bo pien. Unless I stayed up there until the next morning. By then, the caretakers probably would have found my frozen corpse.

No comments: